Client, Employer, or Organization: Inside Education
Name of Contact: Chloe Wiun
Job Title: Digital Communications Specialist
Job or Opportunity Description: The Digital Communications Specialist will ensure Inside Education’s environmental education resources are produced in a professional manner, promotes a positive online image and helps engage and connect teachers to Inside Education's programs and services. This role reports to the Communications Coordinator, and is responsible for the following:
1. Visual Communications: Working with the Communications Coordinator, coordinating the production of promotional materials and classroom resources. This will involve layout and design in a Mac-environment as well as working with certain contractors and printers.
2. Website Management: Making regular updates and improvements to Inside Education’s online environmental education web presence and our sister program websites. Inside Education uses the WordPress CMS.
3. Marketing and Promotions: Assist with the development of our electronic teacher newsletter. Working with meaningful metrics, tracking success of promotional efforts (eg. Google Analytics, formal/informal audience surveys)
4. Social Media: Assisting with content for social media accounts (eg. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo) Managing digital assets inventory (photos, impact stories, logos, artwork)
5. Partner/Donor Relations: Designing stakeholder reports and Society Annual Report. Designing the quarterly e-newsletter, Inside Edge. Designing partner recognition/appreciation materials.
This position will be partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Green Corps program. As such, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted official refugee status
- 18 -30 years of age • Un/under employed and not receiving employment insurance
- Have not participated in any government-funded youth program within 1 year
Estimated Compensation: Compensation Salary for this position will be $26.25 per hour based on a 30 hour work week.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017
To find out more and apply