Client, Employer, or Organization: ONETWOSIX Design Inc.
Name of Contact: Nick Kazakoff
Phone Number: 780 965 1049
Job Title: Industrial Designer
Job or Opportunity Description: Industrial Designer
ONETWOSIX Design Inc. – Edmonton, AB
ONETWOSIX is a team of industrial designers and builders with an unwavering ambition to design products without functional or aesthetic compromise. We work clients who fundamentally believe in the value of great design as much as we do. Our approach is human centered and through our experiences we have learned that hands on prototyping is key to creating a great product.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, positive, and passionate individual to join the fabrication side of our team. This individual must be able to use the mindset of an industrial designer to creatively solve problems, think on their toes, and fabricate high quality prototypes and finished products. The candidate must have ample shop experience and be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. This role will involve a variety of tasks including input into design concepts, 3D CAD modelling, creating drawings for fabrication, optimizing designs for fabrication, fabricating prototypes in a variety of materials using a variety of methods, building finished products, and operating CNC machines. A successful candidate must be able to learn quickly, and apply critical thinking to improve processes. Prior experience operating CNC machinery and welding is a plus. The candidate must be comfortable alternating between computer based industrial design work and fabrication work, however the primary focus will be on assisting in fabrication.
• Fabricating prototypes and finished products
• Creating drawings for fabrication
• 3D CAD modelling
• Developing design concepts through research and sketching
Desired Education / Skills:
• BDes in Industrial Design
• Excellent woodworking skills using hardwood, veneer, laminate, etc.
• Proficient in Rhino 3D
• Welding and metalworking experience is a plus
• Experience operating CNC machines is a plus
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Experience in Autodesk Fusion 360 is a plus
• Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects at once
• Must have an unwavering passion for industrial design, belief in pushing boundaries, and a build anything attitude.
• 2+ years of experience in fabrication with a focus in product development.
• Experience working in a design related industry is a plus.
Job Type: Full Time, hourly
Benefits: Competitive health benefits
Job Location: Edmonton, AB
Compensation: Based on amount of experience
Notes: Full time paid position, hourly wage based on experience
Application Deadline: 6/23/2017