Phone Number: 780 492 4241
Job Title: Student Graphic Designer Practicum
Job or Opportunity Description: The Students’ Union operates a full time Marketing & Design department to support its businesses, services, and the Executive. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Creative Director, and with guidance from the Senior Manager, the Student Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience working on real designs projects in a friendly and professional environment.
From initial client consultation to finished pieces, the Student Graphic Designer will support the daily design activities of the department by developing promotional materials such as posters, banners, advertisements, brochures, and digital material for new and existing projects of different sizes and complexities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design promotional material for the U of A Students' Union and its departments (including services, businesses, events, and advocacy)
• Work both individually and collaboratively with the designers, and interact with clients as needed.
1. Must be registered in the equivalent of at least one course for credit at the University of Alberta in either the Fall and Winter sessions in the 2018-2019 year, and must have paid the SU fee.
2. Preference given to a Visual Communication Design student enrolled in the BDes program who is returning for either a fourth or fifth year.
3. Excellent communication skills, and a willingness to work in a demanding and fast-paced studio.
4. Strong fundamental design skills and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite in a Macintosh environment, are essential.
5. Illustration, photography, and interactive media skills are an asset.
6. Must love design and play well with others.
Estimated Compensation: $0
Application Deadline: 8/23/2018